Saturday 7 April 2012

Such is life

From Albury, I decided to follow the Murray River up toward Mildura, and along the way stopped to take in 'bushranger country' where Australia's most famous did his work. In Glenrowan there is, of course, a BIG Ned Kelly, plus a Ned Kelly's Last Stand theme park, and as much memorabilia as you could ever want.

The BIG Ned Kelly, Glenrowen Victoria

JC & the BIG Ned Kelly


It's beautiful country through here, such a shame to ruin the view with a takeaway joint.

The BIG Cherry

In season cherries straight from the farm....absolutely delicious! Apologies to all the cars driving behind me who may have had a pip or 20 clip their windscreen along the way.

Couldn't beat this for a camp spot

Porridge by the river at Cohuna

The BIG Cod, Swan Hill

The REALLY BIG Cod, Swan Hill

Oranges of Mildura

Houseboats on the bank of the Murray River, Mildura

The BIG Wine Cask, Mildura


Once I'd got to Mildura, I wasn't really sure which direction I might take. Back through some more of Victoria, Adelaide, or further north. I had a friend back in Brisbane recommend I definitely see Broken Hill, and after chatting with a Mildura local who was passionate about the place, my next destination was set.




Simple Stats
Days since departure: 235
Distance travelled: 23,038km (+8701km for work)
Lizards run over: 12
Cane toads run over: 3
Cassowary spotted: 2
Snakes run over: 4
Portaloos towed: 2
Weeks worked as Runner on film: 10
Whale Sharks swum with: 2
Emergency mechanic stops: 4
Kangaroos hit: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment